I came upon this post on an Active Rain Blog. Thought there were some things to consider. There also seemed to be considerable conversation on the value of an Open House. Do they work or are we having them just for the seller? Read the article below and let me know your thoughts on Open Houses.
I'm sure that we've all had our fair share of open houses where the hours spent there were a complete waste of time. Recently I've revamped how I advertise my open houses and I've had great success. Here is what I do:
Monday prior:
Mail invitation/flyer to FSBO's in the area
Mail invitation/flyer to Move up buyers in the area. These are homes listed in the area for 10-15% less than the home I am holding open.
Mail invitation/flyer to listings in the area that recently expired or cancelled.
Email Realtors of the move-up listings an invitation to the open house.
Send a hand written invitation to anyone in my sphere who lives in the area.
Wednesday or Thursday prior:
Hang door hangers to neighbors. We generally do about 40 homes: 10 on both sides of the open house home and 20 across the street
We also knock on each door of the hanger inviting individuals to come and bring a friend to the open house
Thursday & Friday prior:
Call individual who we mailed invitations to. It's hard to get to everyone, but we do as many as we can.
Saturday or Sunday:
Hold the Open House
We've had outstanding results! One many occasions, individuals in the neighborhood who received our invitation invited a friend who did not live in that area. We've had more than a few people drive many miles just to come to the open house. Our results have been great!
This has worked for us. What has worked for you?
Posted by Scott Morrison - Arizona Real Estate Expert
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment